Thursday, January 5, 2012

Art Journal Caravan 2012

I joined the expedition. I jumped on the bandwagon. I'm getting ready for my upcoming adventure to map out my creativity. Yay!!!

I was looking on the forums and discovered a challenge to write a letter to yourself to keep you motivated throughout the year. As I am very aware, I tend to jump in with both feet and then get tired and abandon all projects when I get tired of them. A crate of art supplies with half a book gessoed tells me this.

So I think this letter is a stroke of genius. I can read this when I am flagging in desire, when I get frustrated, or when I'm just bored. So I wrote a letter to myself in my head, thinking about what I was going to say. Then I wrote it down a bit later scanned it and my letter is digital, though it's actually handwritten!




I used Tangie's kit that came with the AJC and I also used pieces from Sherrie JD's Reflections. I also made the doll myself using Tangie's Ultimate Art Doll. Do you know how fun it is to make a digital doll like this? It's better than playing with paper dolls! This doll is several different pieces I put together. 

I also made my first desktop for Scrapbook-bytes desktop challenge. It was  a lot of fun and I don't know why I never made one before and actually used it. I can look at this daily and wonder at my amazing creative talent, LOL. 

this was made using Pieces of Time by Designs by Helly. The calendar bits came from Kristmess designs. I love the colors and the elements, especially the violin and the flowers.

I am still working on the monthly challenge for the caravan, the idea is brewing in my mind. Tomorrow marks the first prompt for the week, and I'm excited about that. Hopefully this will enable me to actually use my art journal, and not the digital one. I want to get my hands dirty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to read your comments if you found something interesting, educational, funny, or anything else! You can reach me at anitaobom at gmail dot com.